Sunday, April 25, 2021

TPLO Day 17


We enjoyed a pretty low-key Sunday at home today. I changed up our morning walk routine a bit and it seemed successful. Jedi got his walk first. We threw in some sit/stand drills and added an extra loop through my parent's yard to increase his distance a bit. Instead of going back into the house, I put him in the xpen outside. I ran into the house and grabbed him a lickimat with peanut butter and pumpkin, and he stayed there while I walked all of the other dogs. It's definitely easier on me to get all of their walks out of the way at the same time, and I think Jedi prefers being outside where he can watch.

Sunday is grocery shopping day for me. I debated whether or not to just bring Jedi along in the van, but he was due for a nap after his Gabapentin was on board. After a quick potty trip outside I put him into the crate. I checked in on him a few times while I was gone and he was flat out the entire time. He stayed much quieter when I returned as well, so crating was a success.


We were outside for a good couple of hours today while I did some weed whacking and mowed the big areas. While it wasn't terribly warm, the sun was mostly out and I knew Jedi wouldn't care for that. I went and grabbed the Aluminet out of the van and draped it over the outside xpen to give Jedi some shade. He seemed to enjoy his time outside and took a good long nap while I was mowing.

I let him stay outside while I worked Ren through some jump drills. I gave Jedi one of his milker toys to take his frustration out on and he seemed to enjoy chewing on this while Ren got to play. I heard him voicing his frustration a few times, but he was a good boy and mostly laid there and chewed the toy.

 
My parents came over here for dinner tonight, which is the first time anyone has come into the house since Jedi's surgery. I've been trying hard to avoid getting him riled up. This was as planned out as we could make it. I had them come through the front door (where Jedi can't see from his pen) while the other dogs were outside (to avoid them causing a ruckus and making things worse). I had their dinner ready to go and plopped that down as my parents came in. It was successful, and once dinner was done Jedi settled down and went to sleep.
 
We did our full body massage/light session after dinner tonight, and Jedi ended with the above full-body stretch. That's always been his favorite position, so I'm glad to see he's comfortable enough to start extending that leg again.

No video from today, but we did a bit of all of our current PT exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment