Sunday, April 17, 2016

Day 8 - Airport Beach (9 weeks old!)

Jedi has been spending a LOT of time with Kizzy lately. I don't blame them, but he's never going to form relationships with the other dogs if she keeps hogging him all of the time. This morning Secret was actually starting to pay some attention to him outside, throwing play bows his way, etc. Unfortunately Kizzy kept getting in the way, so eventually I decided to lock the little dogs in the house and give Jedi some "big dog" time out in the sun. I had hoped that with Kizzy out of the way that Secret would have continued to initiate play, but she gave up and decided to lay in the sun. So we all hung out together, minus the little dogs, and I think it was a good thing. We should probably do it some more so that Jedi doesn't get hyper-focused on Kizzy.

It's been really warm lately (especially for April) -- We hit 80 again today, so, inspired by Jedi's success yesterday, I decided to take him and Secret to Airport Beach for a proper water introduction. Unfortunately while it was very warm outside, the water is still pretty cold. This is especially true for a wee puppy with a lot of fluff and no fat. Jedi tried really hard and really wanted to play, but in the end it was just too cold for him. I had to take pity on him as he stood shivering on the shore. He did get in a few good swims and even fetched a bumper, but we're going to have to wait until the water gets warmer.


When we got home I decided to finally train the older dogs. I set up an agility drill and planned on letting Jedi sit outside in the crate and watch. I think Kizzy had done one obstacle when the screaming started, so that didn't last long. It's not that I wouldn't love to have the distraction for training my dogs, but I didn't figure the neighbors would appreciate the volume and types of noises coming out of him. I moved the crate into the house and he got to continue his screaming there, as he still new there was fun stuff going on outside! Guess this is something we'll have to work on.


No comments:

Post a Comment