Sunday, April 24, 2016

Day 15 - Exploring the bike trail (10 weeks old!)

Jedi is 10 weeks old today! It was raining this morning, but rain doesn't stop a puppy from needing to get out his energy, so I stood outside with an umbrella while Jedi chased frisbees. He didn't mind getting wet at all. Jedi looks so much different when he's wet -- the fluff goes away! Wonder what that coat will end up doing long-term? Mom and Dad don't have big coats, so it should be medium to light, I think.

Once I got caught up on the last season of Game of Thrones before the premier tonight it was time for our puppy outing of the day. Earlier in the day I was thinking maybe it would be a good day to make a trip to PetSmart or something because of the rain, but the weather had let up and it wasn't too bad outside. Because of that, I opted to throw the crew into the van and head out for an excursion on a section of the local bike trail.

All went well minus the mini heart attack I had when Jedi moved to look over the edge of the bridge (a good 30'-40' above water). I knew I should have put him on a leash for going over the bridge just in case he got curious like that, but thankfully he immediately came back when I called his name. Lesson learned, he was put on a leash for the trip back and of course then he didn't pay any attention to the bridge.

I picked off a couple of ticks and then we went to Theisen's to pick up more treats (they've had Instinct freeze-dried treats on clearance and I keep going back to get more because they work great in the treat pouch). When I got back out to the van I noticed a couple more ticks crawling on the dogs (ugh!!), so quickly got the dogs out to do another quick pick. A young couple saw Jedi and Kizzy and asked if they could pet them, so in the midst of me digging for ticks Jedi got to meet a couple of new people today.

In other news, I think Jedi is officially done with the puppy crate. In some ways this makes me sad. I liked having the puppy crate stacked on top of the 30" crate because this meant I could see him all night with no effort. He's been going into the bigger crate on his own when we go into the bedroom, though, so I think he's saying that's where he wants to be. Guess we'll give it a go, I'm sure he's ready for some extra room.




No comments:

Post a Comment