Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Day 11 - Oil Change and home alone

Today I had to officially cut the cord and leave Jedi to go back into the office for a bit. I had a meeting I needed to attend in person and was also supposed to move my desk -- but that didn't happen because nobody else had moved their stuff yet. I guess that can wait until next week, but it was good to have face time with my boss and remind people that I still work there.

I strongly debated taking Jedi along and leaving him in the van like I did yesterday for my doctor appointment. I didn't know what the parking situation would be, though. Ideally I would have been able to park next to Riverside Park so that we'd have easy access to a potty spot, but I really worry about all of the vigilantes who call in any dog in a car they see these days (despite the fact that the temperatures were in the 50s). Since Jedi would have been in the puppy crate in the front seat he would have been pretty easy to spot -- and who knows if he would have cried. So, in the end, I decided it would be best to leave him home for the first time. Thankfully it wasn't going to be long, and I was able to ask my dad to come let him out -- so he really didn't go longer than 2 hours in the crate without being let out.

I was home in time to do our lunch training session and then I mostly worked outside until it was time to leave to go get the oil changed in my van. I think I've had the oil changed three times in three months thanks to all of the traveling I've been doing since February (post-injury trial cram before Nationals, AKC Nationals, trip to pick up Jedi...). Jedi got to come along to the dealership and experience a bunch of new sights and sounds.

I carried him into the reception area because, well, nobody needs a puppy peeing in the welcome area and you just never know. Because it was a nice day, I decided we'd just spend the next half hour or so outside playing. We wandered through the cars on our way to find a grassy area, and Jedi tugged on his leash pretty much the whole way (yeah, that's pretty much what we do when we wear a leash right now).

The only grassy area we could find was probably less than 500' from the highway, so Jedi got to experience quite a bit of traffic noise (I don't think he could see too much of it, though). He wasn't bothered by this at all and happily tugged on whatever toy I offered him out of the bag. We practiced just chilling for a bit and before I knew it the 30 minutes had passed and the van was done.

I took this video tonight while Jedi and Kizzy played on the couch (no, Jedi can't get up by himself yet, he needs help). Kizzy is just in love with "her" puppy.



No comments:

Post a Comment