Thursday, April 14, 2016

Day 5 - Vet visit!

Jedi's trip of the day was for his first visit to the vet! Conveniently enough, my other dogs are all coming due for stuff right now, too. This is handy because I like to plan to take them in pairs if I can, but unfortunately since my dogs are coming due for stuff right now that means that everyone is due AND the puppy needs to go in. As a result, this trip to the vet included Secret, Kaiser, and Jedi. That was quite the handful.

Thankfully everyone was super well-behaved and did great! I was glad that they said they would weigh Jedi on the puppy scale, though, because I didn't think there was any way I'd be able to get him to sit on the big scale yet (especially with my hands full with the other dogs). The wee man weighs a whopping 7.7 lbs! When the puppies were born I think Jedi was tied for 2nd biggest, but he appears to be one of the smaller puppies at the moment. It will be interesting to see where everyone ends up.

In addition to his basic exam, Jedi got a puppy shot today. He also got hit up with the dewormer that his breeder sent home with him. The puppy pack that the vet gave us included a free dose of Frontline Plus. I don't think it works very well against ticks, but it was free, so I guess we'll use that this month. I'll have to figure out what to do after that. My other dogs wear Seresto collars due to Kaiser having a reaction to topicals, but that won't work for a growing puppy. His breeder is a fan of Bravecto. My vet doesn't carry it, but they do have Nextguard. I'll ask more about that on his next visit.

I was going to take Jedi on another outing tonight, but he was super tired so I opted to stay in. Of course he got his second wind after dinner, so I wore him out with play. I introduced the frisbee for the first time. Let's just say I'm a little in love with this puppy and all the awesome stuff he does!


No comments:

Post a Comment