Saturday, April 16, 2016

Day 7 - Jedi goes to a beach party

This morning we hung out and learned about weekends. I even got to stay in bed until almost 8:00 (granted, still letting him out twice in the night). I'm not sure why today would feel any different from the rest of the week since I worked from home, but for some reason it was. It felt harder, if that makes any sense at all! Thankfully after MUCH playing this morning, Jedi finally crashed and took a really long nap.

So long, in fact, that I was running a bit later than planned for our big outing of the day. One of my friend's dogs was diagnosed with prostate cancer earlier this year, so she was throwing him a birthday party (9th) today. She asked if I would bring the puppy along for her to meet, so of course I obliged and made that our field trip of the day.

The party was at a park on French Island. It had a small beach, so I couldn't pass up the opportunity to see what Jedi thought of the water. He wasn't sure at first, but then he turned into a little fish!



He looks a little different when he's all wet. Everyone remarked that he didn't look that little when I said he was only 7.7 lbs the other day. Well, when you see him wet I think you understand -- It's all fluff!!

No surprise, Jedi did great at the party, too. There were a bunch of kids there, which was actually a super great opportunity because I don't really spend any time around kids (so this aspect of socialization tends to be difficult for me). In addition to the birthday boy, Cash, another guest had brought a very well-behaved older dog. Jedi got to meet both of these dogs and it was a good, friendly, positive interaction. You can never get enough of those!

No comments:

Post a Comment