Friday, April 15, 2016

Day 6 - Jedi meets Lexie & Wes (my parent's house)

Today Jedi went to my parent's house for the first time, where he got to meet their dogs, Lexie (Scottish Terrier) and Wes (Westie). Lexie and Wes are always very appropriate with new dogs, so I knew they would be a good intro for Jedi. While we were there we took a short hike on the flatest part of the trail system behind the house (just a slight sloping climb on the way back). I took all five of my dogs, plus we had my parent's two, so it was quite the crew! Everyone had fun, and Jedi discovered mud in the natural spring (Secret showed him the way). Thankfully he didn't get too bad -- nothing like Secret who had to be hosed off before she could go in the house.

We also introduced Jedi to restrained recalls with the help of my dad. Oh my goodness, this was so fun! I used the racoon tail tug and he went bonkers -- screaming and everything! We definitely need to do more of these.

I mooched dinner off my parents while I was up there, so Jedi also got the experience of hanging out in a new house. So far as I know he didn't even have any accidents. Amazing!

Here's a peek into what my training room looks like right now. It's a mess, but boy is it fun! Jedi is doing awesome with his training for class. I had to do a new video already to show how fast he's progressing! We learned how to frog pose (legs stretched out backwards), can generalize our touch to different objects, and have moved into a smaller box. Next up is making sure I start rewarding from different sides so that he'll start to use his right paw for more touches, finding a smaller box, and working on duration of the frog pose.


No comments:

Post a Comment