Thursday, April 21, 2016

Day 12 - Pool play and Experimental Forest

We'll start today off with this cute picture of Jedi spending time outside of the puppy pen while I worked this morning. He earned this time out of the pen because he has gone two whole days without peeing in the house! He's not giving any indication that he needs to go yet (at least not that I've figured out yet), we just go outside a lot. While Jedi has never pooped in the house, he seems to have definitely made the connection there because twice now I've called him to come inside and he's turned away and said, "Oh wait, I still need to go!" That's pretty awesome!

The other day on Facebook I mentioned that I would need to buy a kiddy pool for Jedi because he was spending all of his time playing in the 3-gallon water bucket outside. One of my friends said that she had one that she'd never used before and that I was welcome to have hers. I was able to pick it up on the way home from my doctor appointment the other day, but it's been a little chilly since then. Today still wasn't super warm, but when I noticed Jedi going back for the bucket again I decided to pull out the pool (actually, she gave me two!).

It took practically  no time at all for Jedi to start exploring the pool. I did try to throw some toys in there, but the dogs just kept pulling them out and taking them somewhere to chew. I ended up having better luck just leaving the pool empty (of toys) and then going back to my chair to work. Then this happened.


After work today I decided to take the dogs back up to the Experimental Forest outside of Bangor. Technically this is a "repeat experience" for Jedi because that's where we went on his first hike last week, but we went a different route this time so I still count it as new.

I'm impressed at how quickly Jedi's stamina is growing. We were out for a bit over a half hour and he ran the whole way this time. I did pick him up once when he laid down, thinking he was tired -- but he immediately kicked and squirmed so I let him back down to run. I pretty much held him just long enough to transfer a tick onto myself. Hooray. I love hiking, I hate ticks. I pick off whatever I can find before the dogs get back into the van and then do a quick check again once we get home. So far it hasn't been too bad. I haven't found anything attached to anyone yet, so that's a win for the products they are each using, I guess. I'm surprised that I'm having that much success with Jedi's Frontline application.



No comments:

Post a Comment