Sunday, May 16, 2021

TPLO Day 38

I keep telling myself that we're going to take it easy and have a "do nothing" day, but it hasn't really worked out that way. I didn't take Jedi into town to try to find some curbs this weekend like I had thought about doing. It just seems like so much work to pack him up and deal with the craziness for what would amount to ten minutes of walking. I feel like the trips and out and about will make more sense once we have fewer restrictions and have built up more stamina.


Also, it's hard to feel inspired to haul out when I have all we need for full scale PT right here at home. We have been going creek walking every single day, which means that Jedi has probably drank over 20 gallons of water in the last week... We've also been doing a bit of hill work each day. The typical day right now is normal morning walk, late morning hill walk, afternoon creek walk, and then sometimes a shorter walk around/after dinner. I definitely think we're making progress on building muscle, but I'm still staring at the leg 100% of the time as we walk to adjust Jedi's stride if he starts twisting it too much.

I called the vet clinic to see about adjusting Jedi's Gabapentin prescription to allow us to start tapering him down. I guess Gabapentin is only available in capsules, which is going to make it difficult for us to split doses like we could with tablets. They called in a prescription for 100mg (he's been on 300mg) on Friday. I haven't heard from the Walmart pharmacy yet. We run out tomorrow, so I'll have to give them a call. I'm sure it's the whole controlled substance issue yet again.

Our video of the day is more of the same -- some land walking, some creek walking. (Link for mobile: https://youtu.be/wTdh3cNOyDc )



No comments:

Post a Comment