Saturday, May 8, 2021

TPLO Day 30


Hill work seems like it's definitely challenging Jedi, so we've been laying kind of low the last couple of days. Yesterday we tackled the hill again, but only one time so that we wouldn't push too far. It just seems like the leg gets more wobbly when we do too much, with the leg going kind of in and out with each step. Or maybe there's rotation, it's hard to describe. It seems to improve or go away when I make Jedi go really slow again, so our walks have been at a snail's pace again to get that leg tracking straight.

I went back to heat again this morning after our pre-breakfast walk instead of ice, since all of the rehab articles say that's the best right now. Jedi just is not a fan. He will lay there forever with ice packs, but he gets really squirrelly with the heat pack. We may as well just give up on that one. He also seems to be losing patience for the laser, which he only gets in the morning now.

We have not been back in the creek for a while due to the rain and cooler weather. Today it was only 60 degrees, but I sucked it up and took Jedi down there because we're in for more rain tomorrow and I didn't want him to do hill work again today. I didn't drag the ramp down to the creek this time, but did use the sling to have better control and to help Jedi up & down the incline.

Needless to say he was thrilled. He seems to really want to swim and made a beeline for the deepest part, so he had to be pulled back into the more shallow section. I like the knee action that I'm seeing from him in the more shallow parts. He's really lifting that leg nicely, which is good for muscle building. There was a pretty decent current today, so it was quite a bit more challenging when we were walking back upstream. We just went down and back a couple of times.

The downside of creek time is that Jedi drinks gallons of water and then has to pee it all out.... I had to make a trip into town and things were crazy busy, so it took a bit longer than planned. So.... Jedi peed in his pen. Here's where I get to be thankful that I have a bath mat in there, and he mostly got it all there. His bedding was due to be washed anyhow, so I threw it all in the washing machine and pulled up the puzzle mat to make sure I cleaned under there. We've had issues with swimming before classes before so this isn't new, I just need to be a better planner....

Here's video from today. (Link for mobile: https://youtu.be/9oTDBMBEZ7Y )



No comments:

Post a Comment