Tuesday, May 11, 2021

TPLO Day 33

 

Day 33! I feel like updates are going to slow down now because we're largely just doing more of the same. We lucked out on Sunday and the rain didn't come until the afternoon. Plus it was actually warm in the morning, so we got in some creek time. Yesterday we did one lap up and down the hill in addition to our normal walks. I generally try not to do too much in addition to the hill work on those days. I'm still seeing more wobbliness than I would prefer in the surgery leg, and it's definitely at its most pronounced following hill work. We continue to walk *very* slowly in order to get Jedi to place the leg thoughtfully and not do the twisting motion.


Today we drove to Gallatin again for Jedi's chiro appointment. Dr. Vear was very happy with how balanced he is staying and just commented about some tightness in his back. He also adjusted something in his neck. The next time we'll see Dr. Vear is when he comes here in two weeks.

Jedi got to go into the creek this afternoon after I worked with Ren and he enjoyed that. He was ready for a nap at that point,which kept him from having to go out until after my work meeting, thankfully. Then I took him outside one more time before class started tonight and he wee'd out enough creek water to get him through class time.  lol

After dinner we went outside and did some PT stuff. I did video for an update since it's been a while. In this session we have the wobble board, raised cavaletti, and sit/stands on a raised surface. I also asked him to back up, but I think he was getting tired by that point and wasn't stepping back well. I'm pretty happy with weight distribution these days, but we really need to start building up that muscle. (Link for mobile: https://youtu.be/uyTKNjDzUEo )



No comments:

Post a Comment