Thursday, May 6, 2021

TPLO Day 28

We completed another week in our TPLO journey. Today marks four weeks since Jedi's surgery! That means we are entering week 5 in our rehab schedule, so we are going to do more stuff! Today our post-lunch walk was hill work. Due to the lay of the land, our daily walks include some slight inclines, but today we went all in and traversed the hill in front of the house and at the corner of my parent's property. I tried to figure out how to do video of that, but it probably would have just looked like we were walking on flat ground.  ha....

It's actually a fairly significant incline, so much so that cars struggle to get up the hill when we have winter weather. It's also steep enough for someone who is out of shape for such things to notice it. In other words, hill work will be good for me as well!

(Yes, the above picture is what you think it is, and Jedi is mortified that I took it -- but look, standing on the right leg! 😁 )

We walked up the hill from my driveway to the top corner of my parent's property, and then down the hill alongside their house until it flattened out a bit again. Then back up to the corner and back down to my driveway. We did that loop two times and I figured that was enough for the first go at it. I contemplated taking Jedi and Ren for a lap around the back because time-wise we really hadn't been out very long. As we walked down the driveway, though, I noted that Jedi's leg was doing the wonky thing that he does when he's tired, so instead I opted to take him back in the house and give him an icing session to stay ahead of any soreness.

I tried to give him one more (normal) walk after class tonight, but we were racing up against a thunderstorm that was blowing in and didn't get to stay out very long. He seems to have recovered well from his hill work, though, and didn't seem to have any tiredness or soreness. He'll get his nightly massage and light pad after I post this.

I got video during our quick trip out. Not much to look at, but it shows where we're at for the end of four weeks. (Link for mobile: https://youtu.be/ViadLn4XVzI )



No comments:

Post a Comment