Thursday, August 26, 2021

TPLO Day 140 (20 weeks)


Week 19 got skipped because I'd done a post earlier in the week, but also because I was on the road to Ohio for the weekend. I learned that it's really hard to stick with a solid rehab program while traveling.... Our hotel room also had laminate flooring throughout the room, so I was loathe to do anything there. I actually ended up stopping at Walmart and picked up a couple of yoga mats to at least help with the on/off the bed situation.

I brought Jedi inside once a day at the trial to work on rehab stuff. I'd packed along his balance disc, figuring we could use that for pivot work and weight shift exercises. We also were able to fit in one decent walk per day, but definitely far less than what we do on a usual day.

Unfortunately Jedi's routine has continued to be disrupted because I brought a puppy home with us from Ohio! Not surprisingly, puppies take up a lot of time and we've modified our daily routine a bit. We're still doing the 8-lap morning walk, but we haven't done hills all week (the fact that it's 90+ degrees isn't helping that). We've also only gone swimming once.

I wish I could say that I've noticed an improvement in the pivot shift, but I haven't. It's still there. If there's anything good it's that the Deramaxx seems to have at least made Jedi more comfortable.

We're at a trial in Murfreesboro this weekend, but our days are short since Jedi was supposed to be running and I only entered the regular classes. Then we're back in Ohio next weekend.

Here's the video from this week: (Link for mobile: https://youtu.be/qq0522wtSqQ )



No comments:

Post a Comment