Friday, July 1, 2016

Day 83 - Chiropractor Visit

Today was a work from home day and I took full advantage of being able to sleep in and be lazy. Thankfully Jedi was somewhat on board with this today. At least he came back up on the bed after he and Kizzy went outside for a while. For breakfast we went downstairs to play with the cone again. Silvia's response to my question about what to do about the wrong-way spin is pretty much what I had been doing to prevent it, just click and place the reward past the point where he is spinning. I really broke things down step-by-step going to the right. We're still not getting full revolutions in that direction, but I'm seeing things that say we're going in the right direction. I'm starting to use the "nanana" as he goes in that direction, as well as the "check, check" going to the left. My talking seemed to bother Jedi less today. The big thing today, though, was his ability to "check, check" for his tug after his breakfast was gone -- We have transfer to a toy!

We had a pretty quiet day today (read: I was lazy). Jedi ran around for a bit this morning but then crashed on the couch for quite a while. I had a meeting at 11:00 that I fully expected the dogs would interrupt due to having been napping for a couple of hours, but they actually stayed quiet. Good dogs, especially since I was the main one presenting and couldn't really mute my line if they started barking.

For lunch we went back downstairs to see if we could make more progress with the cone. Somehow I totally forgot about "nail trim Friday" today, so I'll have to get that done over the next couple of days. During Jedi's lunch training session I saw something on the floor. When I went to pick it up it was a tooth! This is the first of Jedi's teeth that I've managed to find. He is totally full of holes again right now from missing teeth. Of note, today I saw that the left canine finally fell out. That's the baby tooth that has been brown and dead-looking since Jedi was about 12 weeks old, I want to say. I brought it up at the vet once and they didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about. Well, it's gone now, so I guess we'll just watch to make sure the adult tooth comes in fine.


Secret had a chiro appointment in Viroqua today, so we left for that around 2:45. We were only in the room for about a minute before Dr. Marta came in, so I didn't have to entertain Jedi for too long. I had his bag of toys along, of course, and I played tug with him while I got Dr. Marta caught up on what's been going on with Secret. While Secret was being adjusted I sat and pumped treats into Jedi for sitting, doing touches, and sitting pretty -- to keep him out of the way. Dr. Marta offered to give Jedi a once over again, so he got to get exposed to that experience again (she didn't find anything). Before we left, Dr. Marta brought her border collie Wisp out for a visit with Jedi. They did great with each other today. Jedi pretty much spent an equal amount of time rolling around on the ground as he did climbing on top of Wisp. I wish someone would correct him for the humping one of these days, he's not dumb enough to try it on any of my dogs. Oh well, I just keep pulling him off.

I had an outing planned for tonight for Luke's half-birthday (he's 12 1/2!). I thought we'd go to Rudy's Drive-in and sit outside at the picnic tables to order some hamburgers. I was iffy about taking Jedi along because I didn't know if I'd be able to give him enough attention in this setting to make it a positive experience, but I threw him in the van anyhow. As it turned out, when I drove past there were like a million people sitting outside and the tables were packed. My anti-social side pretty much said, "heck no" and I just kept going. Instead we just drove through McDonald's to pick up hamburgers that could be passed out at home and shared with everyone.

Jedi got dinner out of a bowl tonight due that whole me being lazy business.

No comments:

Post a Comment