Thursday, June 9, 2016

Day 61 - Adventure with Grandpa

It was raining this morning at breakfast, so we were stuck indoors. I spent Jedi's entire breakfast on the window seat. I again wanted to see if he would push up with both legs, but he was pretty hard core on the pee trick again. Impressively, though, he is now lifting his leg well away from the object, so this trick is becoming more independent. He still favors the right hind over the left and I haven't pushed him to do otherwise.

My schedule today was screwy. I wasn't going to go into the office at all except that we're having a Mario Cart tournament (yes, that's what we do at work!) and I didn't want to miss my heat today. I worked from home for a while and then drove into the office around 9:00, and then I left work at 11:00. I had a dentist appointment this afternoon to have my last wisdom tooth pulled, so I needed to get home in time to give Jedi his lunch. Speaking of teeth -- Jedi has none! I tried to get a picture, which was nearly impossible, but he's missing nearly all of his teeth on the top and bottom front rows! We did heel work for lunch outside today and Jedi is doing really well with adding in forward movement.

My dad stepped in to take Jedi on his outing of the day today! They came with me to the dentist and then my dad walked Jedi around while I was getting my tooth yanked out. By the sounds of it they had a grand adventure. My dentist's office is in a shopping complex by Home Depot, so this is where they explored today. I guess Jedi got to meet several new people, played in a bunch of landscaping, and even managed to find a giant puddle to wallow in. He also got to meet a couple of the ladies from the dentist office who came out to see him when they learned he was there. Such a lady's man he is.

Because I wasn't there, I'll just let the pictures tell the story today. Thanks so much to my dad for supplying fodder for Jedi's blog! To wrap up the day, Jedi slept the afternoon away. When he woke up we went out to chase the frisbee, then played with the hose for a bit after he tried to fit his entire body in the water bucket. Jedi got dinner out of a bowl tonight because I'm lazy and laying low.



























No comments:

Post a Comment