Friday, May 20, 2016

Day 41 - Blyton Veteran's Park (Sparta)

Work at home days are the best days! We got off to a leisurely start this morning and didn't bother getting out of bed until almost 7:00. For breakfast training we did more pivots to the leg (biggest challenge, not getting dizzy as we do more circles), spoon/bowl, and sit pretty. We need to work on getting a more square sit for that, but Jedi is exceptionally lazy in the morning.

I had dumped the pools out because I need to mow (but also because they were looking gross), but today I ended up filling them up again. When my 11:00 meeting got canceled I took the opportunity to take the dogs out for a quick game of fetch. I knew Jedi would be his usual hot self after this, so instead of having him go bucket swimming again I figured I'd just fill up the pools for him.

Jedi is turning on to the hose and discovering how fun it is. Earlier in the morning I hosed off the tarp that was in the puppy pen and Jedi thought that was pretty cool. While the pools filled he had fun snapping at the water when I held the hose. If I didn't hold the hose Secret continued to pull it out and she got Jedi right in the face a couple of times. lol


Jedi's lunch was spent on nails. I've been good about doing them on Fridays, but I missed last week for some reason (was it raining?). It is remarkable how much a puppy's nails grow in a week! Jedi was a good boy, but I did take one nail back a little short (it didn't bleed, but it was right up there). Hopefully he doesn't hold that against me.

It was a quiet afternoon full of napping dogs, which is probably good because everything went crazy around 4:00 when my parents dropped off their dogs. Yes, we have seven dogs here for the weekend. Jedi thinks it's awesome to have more playmates. Lexie went a little nuts running laps across the yard when they first arrived and Jedi thought it was great fun to chase her.

Because he'd already been running around for nearly two hours, I didn't think we needed to do anything too crazy for our outing of the day. I ended up taking Jedi and Secret over to Blyton Park here in Sparta. It's a small park, covering about a block, so we walked the neighborhood surrounding the park first. We wandered the park on the way back to the van to get some pictures. There were kids on the playground equipment, so we couldn't get our usual shot. They had a lot of really neat memorials, though, and I got a good picture of Jedi on a neat bench.

For dinner we did more pivots to the leg outside. I spent the last half of his food over on the teeter playing "slam," since we haven't done that for a couple of days. I still haven't raised the plank at all, mostly because it's already a jump for him. As he gets more enthusiastic it gets harder for him to nail his bottom, so there is plenty to continue to work on at this height.

I have more pictures than words today, so here are the leftovers.  :o)





No comments:

Post a Comment